CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 15, 2020

I need a little Christmas, right this very minute!

Last summer, Matt finished a room in their basement for Hailey.  This meant all the girls had their own rooms.  Krista thought it would be fun to put a Christmas tree in their rooms.  She and Lani took the girls shopping and let them get a tree and ornaments to put on it.  When I saw how cute they were, I wanted one for my room.  (I LOVE everything Krista does, and like to copy her) 




Mine isn't as fancy as theirs, I just put lights on mine, but I love it!


Yesterday morning, I was laying in bed enjoying my tree, when Lani called.  Krista was coming to decorate her house for her.  We video chatted, and I got to watch Krista do her magic with Lani's beautiful decorations.  Her house looked Gorgeous!  I had really been enjoying my Thanksgiving decorations, but all of the sudden, they didn't look as fun as Christmas decorations.  I needed a little Christmas, right  that very minute!!!  Krista said when she was done at Lani's house, she would be happy to come and decorate my tree.  I jumped out of bed, and started taking down my Thanksgiving decorations.  By the time I got all my Christmas boxes upstairs and my tree set up, Krista was done at Lani's.  I ran to pick her up, since Matt was working on her car.  I stopped at Walmart and found this fun tree collar for the bottom of my tree.  


She did a beautiful job on my tree too!  I love that I can see it from my kitchen. 
 Krista wrote this sweet post of her Instagram account and posted a picture of my tree.  
Who says a beautiful tree can't be sentimental?  I've heard it plenty of times, either it's beautiful, or it's sentimental.  Well, here's a tree that's both.  This is my parent's tree, I helped my mom decorate it on Saturday, and as we pulled out each set of ornaments, there was a memory or story that went  with it.  We had such a fun afternoon taking a stroll down memory lane.  If you want your tree to be beautiful, but can't give up the sentimentality of Christmas, here's my advice to you.  Buy ornaments that remind you of something.  The year each of my grandparents passed away, my mom added special ornaments to remember them by, hearts for one and angels for the other.  The year she retired from teaching
 Home Ec she added wooden button ornaments.  She's the only one that knows the meaning, but it fills her with joy, and that's what Christmas is all about!
I'm so happy that I inherited Mom's Precious Moments Nativity. I LOVE it!


The internet is so amazing!  I had this fun paper to wrap my presents in, but didn't have any gift tags. 
 I googled red/black buffalo checked Christmas gift tags and wala! I was able to print them off.


I have NEVER put up Christmas this early, but this year I really needed a little Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment