CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 22, 2020

A wedding, a shower, cheeseball turkeys, #givethanks

Nov. 19th was the day Charlie and Jen had planned for their wedding in the Sacramento Temple.  Just a week before that day, they found out the temple would be closing due to the Coronavirus.  Luckily, they were able to schedule the Oakland Temple, about 2 hours away, for Nov. 20th.  On the evening of the 16th, they found out that Oakland Temple would be closing on the 17th, but they had an appointment open at 7:30 that night. (17th) They rearranged plans, and were able to make it work.
   

Luckily, Robynn and Dick had left a few days earlier from Dallas, and planned to be to Sacramento on the 17th to help them move into their new house.  Tatia was able to make arrangements to be their too,  (she lives about 5 1/2 hours away) but the rest of the siblings lived too far away to change plans and make it in time.  It was a beautiful wedding, and again, it's good to know that important things still happen even with the stupid Coronavirus!


A few months ago, I found out that this cute gal in our ward was having a baby boy.  Her family just moved into our ward before the Coronavirus hit, so no one got to know them very well.  Our ward is so good to do showers for new babies, (we don't have very many since we are an older ward). I tried to think how we could do one, since we can't gather together for one.  I thought it would be fun to do a shower in a box.  I sent an invitation via email to the sisters in our ward, inviting them to join in if they would like.  I think we had 15 ladies bring by a gift that we added to the box.  I asked Robynn to help me with a poem to put on the box, and as usual, she came up with something just perfect! 


I got cups, plates napkins and a little matching centerpiece, brownies, cookies, ice cream and 2 friends who helped me, added the balloons and sparkling cider.  We dropped it on their doorstep and rang the doorbell.  Before we could make our getaway, they caught us.  
 


Mikayla sent me this sweet note to share with everyone who helped make it such a fun time.
Thank You!!!  We sure appreciate all the effort it took to organize this.  We are so grateful for everything we received.  It was so fitting to watch President Nelson's message today, and to receive this today made it extra special!  We are so grateful to all the ladies who contributed, especially those we don't personally know.  I wish we could have had a party and could give hugs to all to see how grateful we are for all they've done and given to us.  #givethanks Mikayla


 I loved listening to President Nelson's message of hope and healing.  He encouraged us to do two things.  1. Flood Social Media with messages of gratitude and put #givethanks                                                     2. Be more earnest in our prayers  It's been soooo fun to see what everyone is grateful for.
A few weeks ago, I saw a picture of a turkey cheeseball on facebook and took a screenshot of it. 
 I thought it was so cute and would be fun to do for my ministering families. 
 I think mine turned out just about as cute as the original.


  I thought it would be fun to make "kits" and take them to my grandkids so they could make them.  
 



I had just finished making them when it was time to pick Jamie up from the airport.  I gave him the kit to take to his kids, and forgot to ask him to take a picture, so no picture of his kids, and Hailey was eating dinner when the girls made theirs. Thankfully, it was a beautiful day yesterday, so we could make them outside with Josh and Jordan's family!  It's hard to believe how big this little gal is getting.  She LOVES to stand up and does it all the time from the middle of the floor.  
She doesn't have to pull herself up to anything. She's pretty amazing!




















 


No comments:

Post a Comment