CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 11, 2022

Let Him In

A little over a month ago, Brother Wadsworth came to me just before sacrament meeting and asked me if I would be in charge of the ward Christmas Party.  To say the least, I was not thrilled, but accepted the assignment.  He told me I could pick my own committee, so during sacrament meeting, I looked around the chapel and by the end of the meeting, I knew who I wanted, and before they left, I asked them and they all said yes.  I chose all my very good friends, 2 former Relief Society Presidents, my secretary from when I was Primary president, the secrtary in the existing Relief Society Presidency, and the wife of our former bishopric counselor, who speaks mostly Spanish so I invited him to come too.We met later that week, and after praying, and checking out pintrest for ideas, came up with the idea of Let Him In.   My friend Michelle went right home and made 60 of these keys that are about 14 inches long for table decorations.  


She also made these sweet invitations


We had wanted to have a breakfast, but no Saturday mornings were available, so we decided to do breakfast for dinner.  We had people sign up to bring either breakfast casserole, doughnuts, muffins, or cinnamon rolls.   Everything was delicious!  We had 14 breakfast casseroles
We bought a gallon can of pineapple,and mandarin oranges,then cut up a bunch of apples, bananas and added grapes.  We had cans of whipped cream for them to top it with.   So good!  There were tons of muffins, doughnuts and cinnamon rolls, with milk, chocolate milk, V8 or orange juice or water to drink.


I gave my pine tree a trim and we used pine bows to set the keys in.  Carolyn gathered lots of pinecones to add to the pine bows.  The 9th ward had their party that morning and let us borrow these cylinders with cute gold stars in them to put in between our centerpieces.  Mike and I made this poster to advertise.  It was such a great party, 


It's so wonderful to have a great committee and an amazing ward to bring such yummy food.  After the party, the lady teaching the Relief Society lesson the very next day came up to me.  She told me that the Relief Society Presidency had asked her several months ago to do the Christmas lesson.  She had chosen the topic of Let Him In, having no idea that we would use that for the theme of the ward party.  So fun to have the theme follow through the next day.  I think we must need the reminder to
 Let Him in. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment