CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Fun with Katie


Yesterday my phone rang and it was Katie, she called to chat and while we were chatting, Libbie tried to take the phone away so she could talk, and it turned into a fight.  Merijane said they had been having a bad day, so I hopped into my car and went and got Katie for a sleepover.


We had such a fun time.  I don't think we've ever had Katie by herself, and we sure enjoyed her.  We played games, jumped on the trampoline, made rice crispie treats, pretzels and lots of fun things.  While out on a walk with her, she saw a wishing well.  I asked her what she would wish for if she could make a wish.   She said that she would wish that we could come to her house every day!!!  I love my little granddaughters!!!


 When Josh and Merijane came to pick up Katie, Libbie said, Gram, I am so lucky to have the best grandparents in the whole wide world. (we were just heading out to play in our back yard) when I asked her why, she said "One of my friends grandmas, all she has in her back yard is grass"  We do have a pretty fun backyard for kids to play in! Kids say the funniest things sometimes.


3 comments:

  1. What a good grandma you are! Sounds like a super fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Libbie Jane, she does have the very best grandparents. Happy Birthday today Oppie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to come over to make rice krispies and pretzels! Sounds like y'all had a great time

    ReplyDelete