CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 31, 2010

Mike's retirement party

Last Wednesday, Mike's school district had a Retirement Party for him, and the 3 ladies that were retiring from his district. It was at a country club in Holladay, and was very fun. They served a delicious dinner, then showed a fun slide presentation of all of the teachers in their classes.

Tonight we had a Family Retirement party. We had a BBQ and a fun visit. All of our kids and grandkids were there. My parents, Lani, Ric, Kathy, Carissa, Chase and Morgan came too. Mike's mom, dad, Paula and Bob joined us as well. I made a photo collage of some of Mike's school pictures from the last 28 years. It was pretty fun to see how he looked when he first started teaching. (sorry about the flash from my camera)

Only 3 more days of school and then "School's out FOREVER!!!" When Josh and his family walked in our house, he had that song playing on his IPOD, and Libbie was singing it nice and loud.

Jamie and Jordan made Mike a cute candy bar poster

I got a recipe from a friend for the best homemade lemon
ice cream that was the hit of the party.

The weather was perfect, so we were able to eat outside,
lots better for a group the size we had.

4 comments:

  1. I Love the party photos. I almost felt like I was there too. Congratulations Mike! You've been amazing and what a LOT of LUCKY kids to have been in your classroom. Sure love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the party was a huge succeess. I think when you tell us about the delicious ice cream you make it should be followed by a recipe! hint hint!
    Congratulations Mike, we are thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Mike. You have done an awsome job helping all those young people. I will always respect you for what you do and have done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Retirement parties are special. I can’t believe I will also be retiring soon and I already know my family has finalized one of my favorite venues in Los Angeles for the party. There is going to be singing and a lot of music. Thinking about it, retiring is not making me sad even a bit.

    ReplyDelete