CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 14, 2010

March Birthday Celebration!

We have lots of Springtime babies in our family! Mackenzie, me, Emily, Ric, Chandler, and Ricky. We try to get together, on the months that we have birthdays, to celebrate them with a birthday dinner. Our "Big family" has gotten so BIG, that we no longer fit in my kitchen, even though I thought it was fairly large when we bought this house. Now, we have to eat in my family room when we have the Big family over for dinner. I had two 6 ft banquet tables, and would have to borrow 2 every time we got together. It got to be kind of a pain, so I decided to spend our Christmas money from mom and buy 2 more. I started setting up for our March birthday celebration, and realized that we still needed one for the food. Holy cow, how many banquet tables does one family REALLY need. I thought that I must have something else I could use. I then remembered that I have a ping pong table, that the boys had just been playing with last weekend after dinner. I keep it in our utility closet downstairs. I brought that out and WALAHHHHH, we could fit 14 around it. I felt like Robynn with her table top that she can fit a ton of people around. It worked perfectly!!! I was so excited. 2 twin sheets fit just right for table cloths and we were all set.


We had 30 people here, I think the only one missing from our Utah Birks group, was Cierra, who has a calling in her ward that she needs to be there Sunday evenings. Here are a few shots of those who were here.
Mom and Dad

Chandler

Aida, Krista and Matt

Jeff and Ric (Sorry I didn't remember to say "smile")

Kathy, Chip Elycia and Lani
3 goofy girls, Libbie, Hailey, and Molly

Josh, Merijane, and Katie

Jamie, Emily and Abbie

Mike and Laurie

Chip and Elycia

Stacy and Pierce

Jamie and Jordan

Our final cute couple, Chase and Morgan,will be married in about 2 1/2 weeks!!!! So exciting!

Last week, I had a day off, and went over to mom and dad's to help them go through some of their decorations in their storage room. Ric, Kathy, Chandler, and Carissa, had been over on Monday and brought them some awesome shelves to organize their storage room. Mom had lots of fun decorations, that she made years ago, and hasn't used for a long time, and wanted to get rid of. I knew we were having a family party that weekend, so I loaded them up and we had a Garage giveaway after dinner.

More fun stuff! Some of the kids, (mainly the ones with more room for storage) went home with quite a few treasures, and others with just one or two things. It was lots of fun, and I hope they will enjoy having something that mom made in their home.
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your BIG Table. Does your own family fit sweetly around it? What fun!!!!! Who would have thought 30 years ago we would be needing all those tables to fit our family around.I LOVE our BIG Family! SLY Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great party. I love the decoration give away idea. I hope the folks I donated mine to enjoyed the ones I sent over to DI the last few years. :)

    ReplyDelete