CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Young Women's Winter Retreat!

Can I just say, I was NOT excited when our Young Women started begging that we do a winter retreat again this year. It sounded like a LOT of work and time that I could be spending doing something else. However, I am so glad they talked us into it. It was WONDERFUL!!! I had such a great time. Our YW president works for Wasatch state park and has a great job there. She was able to get us a cabin that they use up there, free of charge, We all enjoyed being together and being up in the mountains. I can't wait to do it again next year!!!!!

We had LOTS of good food. They made their own pizzas on pita bread that were amazing for dinner Friday night. We had just had a workshop on some of the values we need to incorporate into our lives, so we had service sausage, charity cheese, honest olives, patient pepperoni, sacred sauce and modest mushrooms. Then after dinner we had a short workshop on Sabbath day observance and had ice cream Sundaes for dessert. We had French toast and scrambled eggs for breakfast and sloppy joes for lunch right before we left.

I was in charge of the craft project, Lani found this fun idea that she did with her girls. It is this years Mutual theme cut in vinyl and put on wood. The girls had a fun time doing them.

The finished product! They all turned out GREAT!!!! (Thanks Lani for the fun idea)

There was a fun hill right outside our cabin, that the girls went sledding on.

We played lots of games. We played, Uno, Pig Mania, Apples to Apples,
"I have never," and Pit. It was so much fun!!!

We ended the day, with a team building activity, where each group was given tinker toys, and they were to build the tallest free standing tower that they could. Then we talked about how important it was to have a strong foundation for their tower in order for it to stand. We related it to testimonies, and what you can do to build a strong foundation for your testimony.
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Now I know where you were when I couldn't get a hold of you yesterday. What a BLAST! I hope those young women know how lucky they are to have YOU. I can tell you already know how lucky you are to have THEM. What fun. Thanks for sharing your fun weekend with me. SLY Rob

    ReplyDelete