CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 21, 2021

Playground makeover


Ever since we put this swing set in our back yard, our grass under it has struggled.  For the last few years, I've thought we should dig up the grass and put in bark.  It always seemed like too big a job so I never did it.  This year, since I have sooooo much time, I decided to tackle it.  It took me 3 days, to dig  out all the grass and spray for weeds.  Mike made a border for me out of 2 x 4's.


Then I covered it with a roll of weed prevent paper/fabric.


I ordered a load of playground wood chips, and spent a couple of hours wheeling them to the back yard.


Wala!  It turned out so great!  I called the kids and invited them to come to our house to play on Saturday, instead of us coming to theirs.  The whole week had been beautiful weather.


Saturday, however, was not so beautiful.  It rained allllllll day!
The kids still came, but didn't get to play in the backyard.


They played downstairs and then some games upstairs.





No comments:

Post a Comment