CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 24, 2020

Pioneer Day 2020

July 24th 1847 was the day the pioneers made it to the Salt Lake Valley.  It has been celebrated every year since, with a wonderful parade, (until this year #coronavirus)  I wanted to do something fun for my family to celebrate, and Robynn found this cute idea for a "Pie"oneer day treat.  I think we bought almost 50 mini pies and had fun delivering them. (I went to the store 3 times, because I kept thinking of more people I wanted to take them to.)


  The day before Pioneer Day, was a marathon day.  We left our house at 9:30 to head to the copy center to pick up the tags I had printed. (my printer was out of ink)  Then, Mike had a Eye Dr. appointment, from there we went to Sams Club to pick up some things for Grandma Cline.  Then off to her house to drop her groceries off and pick up some boxes she had, to take to Ric and Kathy who just sold their house and will be moving soon.   We also picked up a beautiful afghan she had crocheted for Stephanie.  We made a quick stop and grabbed printer cartridges, then stopped by Krista's work and gave her a pie.  From there, we went to Krista's house to deliver pies to her girls, then to Jamie's house, then Ric and Kathy's to drop off the boxes and grabbed some lunch.  We visited Grandpa Cline and took him on an errand, and headed to Jordan's and then to Stephanie's for a pie and afghan delivery.
 Our last stop was Josh's house and we arrived home at 7:30.  What a fun day!!!!


This morning, I was out with my friend on our morning walk and got offered zucchini from 2 people.  I came home with a couple and made some DELICIOUS zucchini bread. (My aunt Sandy's recipe)  I texted Kim, her daughter and told her I had just made her mom's recipe and she said how much she missed her mom and loved her zucchini bread. 
Meanwhile, Robynn texted some of our relatives this cute picture with the pies she was delivering around her neighborhood, and said she wished she could bring them one.  


I realized, that Robynn wasn't close enough to do a delivery, but I was.  I called Lani, and asked her if she would like to join me in a delivery.  She was game, I wrapped up the bread and ran and bought a few more pies and we were off.  We delivered Kim zucchini bread and she was so cute about it!


We delivered Ila Fae and her daughter Chris pies.When we got to Uncle Boyd's, he didn't answer his door.  We could hear some kind of noise in the back yard, so we went to investigate.  There he was, trimming his bushes.  (I forgot to get a picture of him, so this is one of him visiting Aunt Deanne last week through the window)  We had a nice visit with him.  He is all alone since Aunt DeAnne is in a care center. (Here's a picture of him visiting her through the window)


 I sent some pies home with Lani for Jeff and Jen. ( Lani stopped on her way home and bought some to deliver to her friends and neighbors. ) Tonight, we took them to several of our neighbors and the families we minister to.  What a fun few days I've had.  Happy " Pie"oneer Day!




1 comment:

  1. I loved celebrating Pie oneer day with you and Lani too! So fun to serve together!

    ReplyDelete