CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 5, 2018

Fresh Strawberry Jam and Whole Wheat Bread

A few months ago, when I was cleaning out mom and dad's storage room, I found their wheat grinder.  I brought it home, and it has sat in my garage ever since.  A week ago, one of my friends called and said she was helping an 80 year old lady move, who had a bunch of wheat that she was getting rid of.  She wondered if I would like it.  It had been stored for over 20 years in these buckets sealed perfectly.  It was beautiful!


I dusted off the old wheat grinder and found a recipe for whole wheat bread and have been having fun making it ever since.  (I've done 5 batches in the last week and given tons of it away)


A store near me had beautiful strawberries for .99 a pound so I bought a bunch.


I've had some good helpers, help me make some DELICIOUS Strawberry Jam!


They did a great job!


The next day I borrowed a few more.


Taylor even helped me make  some beautiful wheat  bread.


YUMMY!!!!!


It's been so much fun thinking of mom and dad as I grind the wheat and make some bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment