CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 8, 2012

My project for the weekend, painting a bookshelf.

This week, we have taken down all our Christmas decorations. I think I get tired of so much stuff and just want things to look clean again. Saturday, I decided that the nursery was out of control, and needed to dejunk it a bit. I had dress ups, and all kinds of things in bins up there, just too much stuff. I bought this tiny bookshelf at a yard sale a couple of summers ago, it was unfinished and has sat in my garage for the last few years. I have had all my children's books in a HUGE basket in the corner of the nursery, and I have so many books, it was overflowing, and always looked messy. If the girls wanted a book, they had to dig through the whole pile. So I dug out the book case and painted it, I took all the dress ups down stairs to the play room and got that room all organized again, and put all the books on the book shelf. It is amazing how many books I could put on a tiny little book shelf. It looks so much better!
 
Posted by Picasa

There is still a lot of stuff in a small bedroom.......

but it feels so much better having it a little more organized!!!

It has been so nice to have a nursery, now I just need to keep it clean and organized!

2 comments:

  1. Nice Job on the bookshelf! I LOVE your little nursery. It is so cute and welcoming. What lucky little granddaughters you have. SLY Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the nursery/big girls room. What a fun project.

    ReplyDelete