CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sleepover and fun in the sun!

My cute friend Carolyn, called me on Saturday, and was cleaning out her fabric. She told me she had some tricot that she didn't think she would ever use. She wondered if I would like to make some little girl nighties out of it. I hadn't sewn for a while, and it sounded like a fun project. I woke up early Monday morning and wanted to get started. I remembered the tricot nighties we used to make, about 30 years ago, and wondered if there was still a pattern out there for them. I googled Juliet nighties, and didn't find anything. I checked several pattern websites on line, and then found a peasant shirt that a gal had made and put on her blog. She had this little drawing of the pattern that I kinda faked and came up with some pretty cute nighties!

Here they are in their new "elegant" princess nighties.

Another shot of them in their new nighties, I invited them all 3 for a sleepover. (I always wonder why they call it a sleepover, not much sleeping goes on!)

I made myself a matching nightie, they are very comfy!

Libbie came up with this great idea, she calls it "modeling" I think it's something like a makeover/visit to the spa! Mike was the one they chose to do it to. It was hilarious. They gathered all the supplies, and the 3 of them went to work. I'm not sure why she brought in the fan, but she had it going full blast as they sprayed him down with water, gave him a foot massage and a new hair do. Mike was such a good sport.

A nice foot massage

A little lotion and spray on his legs

A new hairdo. A few spikes look good, a little gel to help them stand up!

The final touch, a wonderful cape!(they improvised, and used a princess dress for a cape)

Opi, thanks for letting us play "modeling" with you! You look great!

Libbie had swimming lessons at 10:00 this morning, so I took all 3 girls up and Hailey and Molly watched her lessons with me. After swimming, all the moms came with the babies to our house for lunch and a little fun in the water.

A couple of summers ago I bought these cute shirts on clearance. All 3 girls brought cute jeans to wear, so I remembered I had these matching shirts. They love being triplets!

Hailey really enjoyed her water slide that she got from Jamie and Jordan for her birthday

Libbie having fun in the water

Katie got wet before we had time to get her swimsuit on!

Aida loves the water!

Cooling off in the pool on a hot afternoon.

3 comments:

  1. What fun! Opi, I love the new hair due! I love the nighties and so glad you have one too Grammy! Thanks for sharing. I LOVED seeing Jordan tonight. What fun to have him in Dallas! SLY Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how to pack a lot of fun into a weekend. Adorable little girls! (Mike gets the best Opi ever award for the modeling!)

    ReplyDelete