CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 26, 2021

Fun times


One of our favorite things to do when our kids were little, was to choose a family to "Pixie" during the holidays.  They loved ringing the doorbell, leaving something fun, and running.  It's not as easy anymore, since so many people have doorbell cameras.  We have a sweet family in our ward who the dad lost his job back in July and hadn't been able to find one.  I decided I wanted to make their Christmas a little more fun.  Every night for a week we took them a fun treat.


I had Katie and Aida help me deliver one night.


I had the boys help me deliver another night..


And then after they went sledding, they delivered another night.


I had to deliver the rest so I had to disguise myself too.  I wore Mike's coat and a black covid mask and pulled the hood over my eyes.  We were pretty sneaky and didn't get caught!


When two of my dear friends found out we were doing it, they donated to the final night, and we were able to give them SEVEN $100 bills.  I hope that helped make their Christmas a little more merry.  I also found out the best news, their dad got a  great job a few days before Christmas! Prayers are answered for sure!!!!
I know a lot of people hate Walmart, but it's so close to me and the prices are better than most stores, so I go there ALOT!  (sometimes, multiple times a day)  We have some cute greeters at my store that I have gotten to be good friends with..  I baked some big cookies and took them over to them to wish them a Merry Christmas.

The day after I took them, one of the greeters told me she had a co-worker take a picture of her with the cookie I made her to send to her supervisor to let her know that her customers appreciated her. 
I thought it was so cute, I took a picture of her picture with my phone.
It's always nice to be appreciated.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment