CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 24, 2020

A new skill

I've been trying to think of projects to do since we can't really go anywhere or do anything.  We have had these lights on the front of our house since we moved in.  (I'm sure they were the originals to the house when it was built 40 years ago)  so I decided it was time to replace them.  


I went over to Lowes, and found a few I liked 
(I texted Krista to see which ones she liked) and we chose the one in the center.


I bought one to go by the front door,


and one for either side of the garage.  
Mike taught me how to put them up, and I did one of the ones on the garage, while he was sleeping


Here's a close up, a much more updated look than our old ones. 


Since I now knew how to do the wiring on a light, I took down the light in my hall,
 (I probably should have bought a new one)


and painted it black instead of gold.


Then, I noticed the one in my laundry room was gold also, so I took it down and painted it black.


I had never even realized, that the one in my sewing room was gold too.


Not for long!
My new skill of being able to take lights apart and hook them back up has come in handy.


Thanks Mike, for teaching me something new and useful.
A few weeks after I painted all my lights, Jordan asked me if I would like the lights that he replaced with can lights in his house.  YES! (they were much nicer than mine) sooooo, I got to install these.




I've now had plenty of practice installing lights.


No comments:

Post a Comment