CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 1, 2020

Planting flowers

The last few years, my flowers have not done great.  This year, while planting them, I broke 2 hand shovels because the soil was sooooo hard.  I finally got them all planted, and was visiting with one of my neighbors, who was just planting her flowers.  She said every year they add a ton of new soil to their flower garden because ours is so hard.  Her flowers always look awesome.  It dawned on me that the reason my flowers weren't doing well is because the roots couldn't grow in cement.  I mentioned it to my friend Carolyn while we were walking the next day, and she offered to take her truck and go with me to get a load of garden soil.  I took her up on the offer and pulled out all my flowers, tilled in the new dirt and replanted my flowers.  


I think they really like the new dirt!







 






1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you! Way to grow flowers in nice soft warm dirt!

    ReplyDelete