CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 3, 2017

#LightTheWorld

The Light the World Campaign is in full swing again this year.  I am making it a goal to do something each day to Light the World.    We went to temple square and were able to buy 2 chickens for some family to fight global poverty.                          Day 1


Day 2
I was able to help decorate dads house, Grandma Cline's house and our church tree


Krista worked her magic on the church tree


Day 3
I taught my lesson in RS about gifts.  I focused on what gifts we have received from Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and then showed the Light the World intro video and focused on what we can do to give gifts to them.  I made gingerbread cookies for all the sisters in our ward.


Day 5 Honor thy father and thy mother
I went to dad's house and helped him do his Christmas Cards.


Day 6 Judge not that ye be not judged
I baked some cinnamon rolls to take to some friends and had a couple of extra plates of them.  I saw these cute kids walking through our neighborhood and pulled over and told them I was trying to Light the world and wondered if they would help me by letting me share with them.  They were happy to help!


Day 7 Suffer the little children to come unto me
Sophie helped us tend Josh's kids.  Mike told them about St. Nicholas and how he filled the good kids shoes with treats.  


They put their shoes out and got treats in them.


Day 8 Love your enemies
I failed on this day, I couldn't think of anyone that was my enemy to do something nice for.
Day 9 Visit the sick
I made a plate of cookies and took to two sick neighbors


These cute girls were sitting on the steps of our church, when I went over to decorate for our ward Christmas Party.  They helped "Light My World" by helping me.  I had some bags of oranges that I was giving away and gave them each a bag for being such great helpers!


Day 10 Search the scriptures, for in them ye think ye have eternal life
I read an extra chapter in the Book of Mormon
From here on out, I tried to do something each day, but not necessarily in order.
We donated $100 worth of gift cards and a case of food to the needy
Made a quilt to donate to the needy.
Tried to be a good example
Looked  for the good in everything.
Decorated a tree for several families in our ward and the ward Christmas tree.
Baked bread and cookies for lots of neighbors.


This was such a great year!  It was so much fun just thinking of little things I could do to 
Light the World!  
I will definitely be doing it next year.







1 comment:

  1. I LOVED reading how you have been a Light to the World. You are surely a Light in my life and I love you great examples to me. SLY Rob

    ReplyDelete