CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Yummy New Recipes

After going to St. George, and eating such good food, I decided it was time to try out some new recipes.  I have lately just been making  the same old thing, and I am tired of my recipes.  I was on my way home from school on Monday, talking to my friend Sherryl and she was making this enchilada soup that sounded so good.  I had everything I needed to make it, so I made it and we LOVED it!! 


It is so easy, here's the recipe.

Enchilada Soup
1 can green enchilada sauce
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can black beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can chicken broth (I used chicken bouillon and 1 1/2 cups water)
1 chicken breast (grilled or sauted)
1 pkg Taco Seasoning
(I added a little canned corn and it was yummy too)

Sherryl did it in the crock pot, but I just got it all heated up on the stove and ate it.

top with sour cream, cheese, tortilla chips or fritos, and avacado if you like avacados


Yesterday for our Valentine Lunch, I made Jamie's Jambalaya, it was DELICIOUS!


Here's her recipe

Jamie's Jambalaya
1 chicken breast cut up and coated with the Cajun spice and sauted in a little oil 
1 beef Polska Kielbasa Sausage (Hillshire Farms was the one I found)
2 cans diced tomatoes
1/2 large onion diced
2 bell peppers, red or yellow
1 T Cajun spice
Serve over rice

Elycia put this Chicken recipe on our family recipe facebook page and I tried it today and it was so easy and tasty.


3 T. butter
4 chicken breasts
2 t. garlic powder
1 t. seasoning salt
1 t. onion powder
  Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and sprinkle with garlic powder, seasoning salt and onion powder. Saute about 10 to 15 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.


I saw this recipe on Facebook for 
30 minute rolls and they were AMAZING!  


30 minute rolls
1 c. plus 2 T. very warm water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 T, yeast
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 t. salt
1 egg
about 3 1/2 c. flour
Combine water, oil, yeast and sugar in mixer and mix well.  Let rest 5-10 minutes.  Add rest of the ingredients.  Knead for a few minutes  Shape into rolls.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Let rise 10 minutes, bake 10 minutes .  Makes about 16.

I have a bunch more I can't wait to try!!!












5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. YUMMY!!!!! SLY Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a family recipe Facebook page!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie just started it, and has been putting recipes on it. I know Elycia put one on it and I have added to it too. We would love anyone to add some of their favorites.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. I didn't know we had a family recipe Facebook page!! How do I get to it???? Recipes look great and I can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete