CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 29, 2011

21 quarts of pears

A month or so ago, Merijane told us about an opportunity to buy pears from the church farm. They were the ones that didn't fit in the machines, so they sold them. Merijane, Krista and I all bought a 20 lb. box of them. On Tues. Krista called and said that they were ripe and ready to can. I had something going on every night until Thurs. and was hoping that they would be patient and wait for me. Tonight, Mike and I canned them and they turned out great! I haven't done any canning for YEARS, and this year I also did a couple of batches of peaches. I am feeling pretty domestic!
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Those pears look amazing and so does your kitchen! All beautiful. Good canning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing, my kitchen was always trashed after canning. WOWSERS! Beautiful pears! SLY ROb

    ReplyDelete