CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 28, 2022

Have I done any good in the world today?

I have been sooooo blessed with a healthy body.  I am so grateful to always feel good.  Lately, as I thank Heavenly Father for this great blessing, I ask Him to let me know what I can do to serve others.  My sister Robynn, is always doing nice things for others, and as I was talking to her Monday morning, she mentioned that Uncle Mike was coming home from Alaska, where he had been for 2 weeks.  Lani had bought new letters for his mailbox, and was planning to surprise him.  


I had been to his house right before he left and noticed that he had lots of weeds.  I thought if would be nice to go and do a little yardwork for him.  Right befoe he left, he had a nasty fall and ended up going to the emergency room, and hadn't been able to do any yardwork.


I was so happy Robynn mentioned his coming home.  We were hoping to do it in secret, but he has one of those fancy doorbells, so he found out who did it.  It's hard to be sneaky these days.


Lani spent an hour in the hot sun scraping and scrubbing the old letters off.


On Tuesday, I was blessed to be able to serve in the temple.  I have LOVED getting acquainted and serving with our amazing temple presidency.  Last week was their last week, they are being released and we are getting a new presidency.  I will greatly miss President and Sister Burton, President and Sister Millet and Preisdent and Sister McDonnough.  Such great people!


Our apple tree has lots of apples this year.   On Wednesday, I made an apple pie for one of the sisters I minister to for her birthday.  I made one for us too and it was delicious!


I also got to go with my activity day boys to my friend Kelli Handy's pool, so fun!  Thursday was garage cleaning day, it had gotten out of control.  I was able to get it a little better organized and even had time to go help Jamie get his organized from his move.  By the time I left, they were able to get both cars in their garage.
I

I called Jordan, Thurday night to see if I could come and play with their kids either Friday or Saturday, since I needed to get groceries for Grandpa Cline one of those days.  He said Jamie had a Dr apt Friday morning, so that would be great if I could get the kids off to school and play with Savvy until she got home.  I called Carissa, on my way to their house and invited her to bring her adorable little girls to come and play.  She came and the girls had lots of fun together.Savvy loved teaching Thea how to use her trapezze and her fun swing!



No comments:

Post a Comment